Sine Die

So, it was the last day of session yesterday - quickly becoming my favorite day of the year. 90 days of hell. And it's not so much that this session was bad. It was actually quite an easy session. However, it seemed to last more like 90 months than 90 days. Now I will spend the next 9 months relaxing, enjoying my children, enjoying the weather, and dreading January 2011. Damn that session.

And what I miss because of it! Last night, Davis decided to go poopy on the potty. His first. I missed it because I was at work. What else did I miss? It's hard to tell. Those boys say the cutest shit all the time and you laugh when they say it and try to remember it, but they say so much cute shit and the time passes so quickly that by the time I have a chance to reflect and enjoy it, several more things have been said and giggled about. Man, time flies so quickly. And I'm rushing it along for the first 3 months of the year. Beginning around January 12, I hope and wait and "pray" for April. And then, while I'm wishing the time away, Davis is pooping on the potty, Andrew is talking about his "6 Pillar Shuffle" performance, and Christopher is remarried and has 3 more kids. That last part is not even funny.

Because I would die without him. He tolerates my bullshit; he tolerates my craziness from January through April; he supports my craziness (like training for a half-marathon); and he makes me smile. A lot. And he makes me crazy. But he makes me smile. And he gave me the most beautiful boys that the world has ever seen. The two most beautiful boys who I can't wait to kiss on and hug on and laugh at for the next 9 months.

Ah, the romance that is post-session.