The Wildcats, The Redskins, and the Cutest Kids in the World


My Wildcats lost last night. It about broke my heart. I even woke up in the middle of the night thinking about the game and had a hard time falling back to sleep. It was a sad day to be a Wildcats fan. My husband has adopted the Wildcats as though they were his own. He was sad last night too. And then he said, "well, who do you think we're going to draft this year??!" (meaning his Redskins). I love sports.

Andrew is one of the best fans you'll ever meet. He adopts teams like they're his own and is very faithful. He will ask first thing in the morning if the team won the night before (if he had to go to bed before the end of the game) and when I would tell him (before last night) that they had won, he'd cheer! GO WILDCATS!!

So, this morning I knew I was going to have to break some bad news to him. When we told him the bad news, he immediately realized the gravity of the situation. He knew it was not good that they lost. And he knew that the season was over because of the loss. His response to hearing the news was classic. And made Christopher the most proud father on the block. He said, "Well, onto the Redskins!" You could see the beam of pride from Argentina.

Sports and being a fan are awesome. It's a lot like raising your own children, really. There's laughter, there's triumph, there are tears, there is agony in defeat, and there is pride in success. Man it's awesome being a fan. And a mom.