6 more days and a bowl of cheerios

For Andrew's 4th birthday we went to Great Wolf Lodge. If you've never been, and you have children or you like water slides, I highly recommend it. Anyway, when Andrew was turning 4,  Davis was 1 and a couple of months. He was still in diapers. He was still terrified of water after having a terrible incident earlier in the year. And he was still drinking a bottle at bedtime. And for the first time in my life, I was completely out of my comfort zone. And by comfort zone I mean staying in a hotel room with the two boys. We didn't have our own bedroom. We didn't have a kitchen. We didn't have a washer/dryer in case of emergency. We had to go out to eat for every meal. We had to share a room with the boys (and trying to get them to sleep while they knew we weren't going to sleep right away was not an easy task). We hadn't taken them out to eat too often so they were a bit unruly - not to mention the fact that Andrew is the finickiest eater in the world so we'd pay a WHOLE bunch of money for a buffet for him and he'd eat only about 1 or 2 things.


Anyway, I survived. It was easy actually. I was more stressed about it than anything. As always, it was a ton of work but it was worth it. They make me giggle, those boys, and seeing them giggle and laugh and enjoy themselves (Andrew primarily) made it all worth it.

And now in just a few days I'll be out of my element times 10. TIMES 10. DISNEY WORLD!! Are you kidding me? We leave Tuesday morning ON A PLANE for Orlando and return Saturday afternoon. So, talk about my settings being changed completely. This is the first plane ride for either boy. And then we're going to spend 3 days at an amusement park? Holy smokes. The overwhelming-ness of it all is overwhelming. I'm only hoping that the boys will be so damn tired at the end of the day that sleep will find them quickly and neither of them will be freaked out or weird about sleeping. But the good thing is that we've stepped up our accommodations a bit. We will be staying in a 1-bedroom "villa" that has 2 bathrooms, a master bedroom, and a full kitchen.


We are going to celebrate Davis getting on the potty train, but as it turns out Andrew will be turning 6 while we're there. We're celebrating his birthday while we're there, but that's 1 day only. I want Andrew to be clear that this trip isn't a birthday trip. His disappointment for the next 12 years about not taking a trip like this one on each passing birthday would be palpable. And almost guilt-ridding enough to make me book another big vacation each year. Maybe for his 10th birthday we'll go to Australia!!

Anyway, we leave in 6 days. And it's going to be fun. Dammit. Or else.