Twelve years of Love ...

This year marks our 10th wedding anniversary. Ten years. It's hard to believe that it's been that long. It's passed by so quickly. It seems like only yesterday that I was in Charlottesville heading out to the Outback Lodge, preparing to shake my ass to some serious rock and soul. And now, through empty pockets and broken bones, moving to and from rentals to buying our first home, bad credit to good credit, triumphs, tragedy, heartache, laughter, happiness, deaths, births ... it's been 12 years I wouldn't change for anything.



So to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary we've planned this amazing trip to St. Lucia. What originally began as a return trip to Key West, returning to where we married but doing it better now that we can afford to do so has turned into a trip to St. Lucia ... a trip we more than likely can't yet afford. But oh. My. God. It's a trip I've always wanted. My children will be home with Nannie and Pop. It will take a few hours to stop worrying about them, I'm sure. But once I do, I'll enjoy myself. I've earned it. That much I know.