Kindergarten Here We Come!

Just like that another 5 years has come and gone. Davis Tilghman graduated from pre-k on Friday, June 1, 2012, and it happened in a blink of an eye. It seems like only yesterday that we were moving into our brand new house with a brand new baby and an almost-3-year-old Andrew. Now it's all over. In a few short months that yellow monster will come and swallow up both of my boys and I will be all alone. Immediately after that they will be asking to borrow the car keys. Then they will be taking college entrance exams. And then we will be attending two rehearsal dinners that we're paying for ... and the chances that I will even LIKE their fiances will be VERY slim.

So my little baby is no longer a little baby. And my heart aches.

We were at a lacrosse tournament for Andrew this weekend and Davis had to go to the bathroom. We walked over to the bathroom together and as we were washing his hands he said, "Mom, you're cool." Just like that! Out of the clear blue!

If you know anything about Davis, you know he's very limited about his affections. So when he says something or does something that expresses some affection or endearment, it's because he really feels it at that moment. And it is my belief that Davis telling me that I'm cool is pretty damn cool.

He makes my heart swell so much, I'm afraid it's going to explode from my chest. I sometimes cry because of the pride I feel for my boys.
I am well aware that the accomplishments they have made so far in life will soon be diminished by even larger ones. But I can't help but enjoy each step of the way knowing that these two handsome boys are mine. Sometimes I can't hug them tight enough.

I have learned one thing about my husband and me - we are good baby-makers. Real. Good. I'm just glad we stopped after two. There's no reason to tempt fate.