Sticks and Stones, Part II

In a previous blog post, I'd written about the fact that each time I go on a walk with my boys, I come home with a pocketful of pebbles, rocks, gravel ... nature. And I love it. I know that there will come a time when the boys will no longer want to go on walks or hikes with me. And before that, I know that the boys will still take walks or hikes with me, but they will no longer be looking down and see something that catches their eyes and decide to pick it up and hand it to me. I just love it.

Yesterday Davis and I went for a hike in an effort to get some fresh air, to spend some quality time together, and to have Davis expel some energy. And we came home with a bounty. The day before Dexter Dogley and I went to the same place for some exercise. Yesterday, I took my little man, and this is what we came back with ... I love him terrible. And as he grabbed my hand and we started skipping through the woods, he said, "I'm so glad I came with you after all, Mom."

I am too, buddy. I am too.