Granted, ...

... this is cute. The little babies tasting things for the first time? That's cute as shit. It really, really is. I didn't test many foods out with Andrew when he was a baby (and it shows now in his diet), but we did with Davis. And I think there's a story I've heard from my husband (more than once ... in Compton) about his father having him try the mustard from the Chinese restaurant without any forewarning. And that's just mean. And funny. And maybe it was a little cute. But anyway, ...

I think the best part about this video is how cute and chubby those little babies are. And their arms when they throw them up into the air? I can almost feel my children's pudgy little arms and soft little chests in my hands when I see them ... so much so that it brought tears to my eyes (and again as I typed it). I love those little boys and I love each phase we've gone through (for the most part), but when they were babies, and we would dress them in cute little summer clothes and their arms would be exposed but their little rolls of fat on their shoulders and chests would be exposed and I'd pick them up and feel that softness. I'd feel that tenderness in the new(ish) skin. Oh ... I miss those days. (Granted, I don't miss them enough to have another one. Duh. But just thinking about my children and those days ... that's all.)

So enjoy this little video. Watch it with a smile on your face (you'll have a hard time not smiling, even if you're not a fan of kids). But while you're doing that, look at the pudge on their arms. And try to remember (if you have children) when your kids were that young and how wonderful that little pudge felt.

Damn I miss that pudge.

Slow-Mo Reel of Kids Tasting Foods for the First Time