365-Day Report


I was just creating a calendar for our mudroom using pictures I've taken over the year; I know I've said it hundreds of times before and I've written it here, too - but damn. We are some lucky folks. We traveled. We laughed. We spent lots of time together - both as a couple and as a family; we failed at plenty, and we achieved so much. We added a member to our family. And although we said goodbye to my wonderful uncle, his life and laughter and wonderful words of wisdom will live on in us forever.

When I look at pictures I find it hard to believe how much the boys have grown. In some of the pictures they look like babies. But now, when I see them, they look like such big boys. And though I hurt so much thinking of how much they've grown, I am so excited for all the new things to come. Each day they amaze me. And I'm constantly thinking of all the greatness they will achieve - not just in the next year but in the many years to come.

In 2015 Davis will turn 8. This is an important age to me and my family. My nephew Christopher died not long after turning 8. He was "8 on the 8th". And so when Andrew turned 8 and now with Davis turning 8, I will continue to think of Christopher and all that was possible for him.

So bring on 2015. Bring on the new soccer seasons. Bring on the laughter. Bring on the sun. Bring on the fun. Bring on as many road miles we can get on the car. Bring on the triumphs. Bring on the failures. Bring on life.