Best Friends and Dubsmash

What the hell is Dubsmash? Let me tell you - from what I understand, it's an app that you can use to record yourself synched up to other words or music. It's a short sound bite, maybe 20 seconds, tops. And you record yourself speaking the part that is already pre-recorded. It's silly. It's funny. And my children discovered it sometime over this past summer. However, yesterday we had a "lay-low" day in our house. We have these on occasion - we try not to leave the house and it's just an all-around lazy day. I love them - but in small doses. Too many at one time means complete gluttony and eventual grumpiness. It can get ugly. But on occasion these days kick ass.

So on our latest lay-low day, the boys played and played with this dubsmash shit. Suddenly my texting inbox was filled with these silly videos. All of them silly. All of them loud. Only one or two of them annoying.

But as I sifted through these videos I noticed a theme - not in the type of videos the boys were recording, but how the boys appeared in the videos they were recording.

Example 1:
 
 


Example 2:

Andrew and Davis have been best buds forever. They are each other's constant companions and though they don't always get along perfectly, they always love each other and make up for any grumpiness along the way. We are fortunate to have two boys who enjoy each other's company so much (most of the time).

What I love about each of the videos I received is how Davis is right beside Andrew each step of the way. He wants to be next to him. He wants to be involved. He wants to be in the scene. And I couldn't love him more for it.

My brother and I were always pretty close when we were growing up. I was a tomboy and enjoyed hanging out with Brian and all his friends, though I'm sure my brother HATED it. But I did it nonetheless. As we grew older we stopped hanging out as much because I was a girl and started hanging out with my girlfriends and my brother also had a girlfriend to hang out with ... so hanging out with your little sister was about as uncool as one could get. I'm not sure if Andrew's and Davis's relationship will suffer from the same fate, but for now I hope they continue to enjoy each other's giggles and jokes and interests.

I'm pretty sure that Andrew recognizes just how much his brother adores him. I'm sure Andrew feels just the same toward his brother. I just hope that Andrew doesn't forget how close they have always been. And but for my posting these videos here I'm positive I'd forget about it, and I'm pretty sure Andrew would too.